There are lots of national rankings of universities out there, but fewer global ones. In the latest comprehensive list, the 2012 Academic Ranking of World Universities, UT-Austin has come in at 35th worldwide.
The rankings, compiled by the Center for World-Class Universities at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, also broke schools down into subject areas. In those, UT came in 9th in computer science, 15th in social sciences, 15th in mathematics, 20th in economics and business, 24th in chemistry, and 35th in physics. Among U.S. universities, UT ranked 27th altogether.
The ranking is based on these factors:
- The number of alumni and staff members winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals.
- The number of highly cited researchers selected by Thomson Scientific.
- The number of articles published in journals Nature and Science.
- The number of articles indexed in Science Citation Index-Expanded and Social Sciences Citation Index.
- Per capita performance with respect to the size of an institution.
Another recent ranking, by the Saudia Arabia-based Center for World University Rankings, put UT at 30th globally.
Congrats to The University on this fine new building. This investment is very m...
In years past Texas Exes chapters have sponsored Texas Independence Day events, ...
You can check out Frank's website here: https://web2.ph.utexas.edu/~slt...
> Before erasing each drawing to make room for the next, Lee posts a photo to...
All of the institutions you mentioned were the brain children of FDR, who mista...